The program has been organized as part of the ‘Netherlands-Myanmar Poultry Cooperation’, a public-private partnership of 9 companies and knowledge institutes from the Netherlands active in the poultry value chain and the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Larive International and its Myanmar based affiliate Thura Swiss coordinate the PPP. Goals of the partnership is to strengthen the development of the poultry sector in Myanmar, while supporting Dutch companies with market entry and growth in Myanmar.
Visits during the trade mission to the Netherlands included:
- Poultry breeding, reproduction and broiler farms (Belgabroed, Pollo in Merksplas, Belgium);
- Premix & feed additives lab (Trouw Nutrition Nutreco in Boxmeer);
- Hatchery equipment (Pas Reform in Doetinchem);
- Feed mill (De Heus in Veghel); Slaughterhouse (Esbro in Wehl);
- Cold storage & logistics (Leen Menken in Zoetermeer);
- Wholesale & retail (Makro, Jumbo in Vianen);
- Knowledge institute & vocational training (AERES Group, Poultry Innovation Lab in Barneveld);
- VIV Poultry Summit Europe in Utrecht;
The partnership will continue its cooperation with its Myanmar counterparts in order to contribute to a more competitive and responsible poultry sector in Myanmar. The Consortium will therefore amongst others offer training programs and share best practices by setting up demonstration facilities locally.
Source: Larive International, May 27 2016